Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Are You Ready For THIS?

Since I haven't updated in ages and am going to Recife, Brazil for three weeks on Sunday, probably not updating till I get back... Here is a little of info on how we are doing (and I will try not to make this ALL about Olivia, hehe):
My Mountain Man
Trevor has been working at Sundance for a few months now and he LOVES it! Not only has he met "Bob" (Robert Redford) a few times, but has also met other local (Danny Osmond) and not so local stars (Melanie Griffiths or however you spell her name). Besides giving me the "star report" after each weekend shift, Trevor is loved among his peers and customers, but why wouldn't he?? They're always impressed at how strong he is (carrying two 100lbs suitcases up hills and stairs is not something we can all do...) plus look at the picture, isn't that the look of a mountain man? He has told me that sometimes he has guests telling him "wow this is such the perfect experience! You look like a mountain man and we are in the mountains... PERFECT!" To that I say, perfect indeed!

I love translating!
My dear friend Emma used to translate at the MTC and since she moved to Texas a few months ago, she got me the hook ups! First time they called me to translate it was during the swine flu epidemic at the MTC and Olivia was barely one month old so I told them I'd rather not go then. They understood that and have called me a couple of times after the swine flu was gone and it has been A BLAST to translate there! The first time I went I left in tears... it is so easy to feel closer to Heavenly Father in that environment and it's so easy to really miss the mission too!
Olivia loves "solid" foods!!
(why do we call them "solids"? they're all mashed and soft... can't figure that one out!)
I started her on fresh squeezed juices when she was almost 2 months old, apple and pear juice mainly. Then mashed bananas, pears and apple puree when she was 3 months and the Gerber variety of 1st foods and drinks when she was 4 months. She loves all that she has tried so far! Peach is the only fruit that she won't eat a lot of, but she will eat them. She doesn't love rice cereal and got a little constipated on that so I give her the oatmeal cereal and she LOVES that. I try my best to give her fresh fruits and juices and soups but the veggies usually come from Gerber :)

Tia Helga is back!!
Helga spent part of the Summer in Brazil!!! She got back early in September and we picked her up at the airport. She proceeded to BYU Idaho (or Idahell as I call it, hee hee) but came down during General Conference weekend and we hung out again. Tia Helga, amamos voce!! :)

Olivia's friends
I hope she will have more luck with friends than I do, but so far so good! Maya is Olivia's cousin, the daughter of Trevor's sister Kat. Brighton is also Olivia's cousin, the daughter of my American sister Annie Pinegar Shirley. Kyla is the daughter of Trevor's mission companion and best friend Jordan. And Claire is the daughter of my long time friend Newie (ok, her real name is Janessa). Aren't these babies so cute? If you have my facebook you can see some videos of these encounters.
Lost and then FOUND!
So I thought I had lost Olivia's sunglasses! I was seriously so sad over the loss of those sunglasses, I simply LOVE them and think they fit Olivia's personality perfectly! Well, after moving into my inlaws' and putting things away I found them!! Don't they just spell her name?? :)
I think this is it so far!
I'll be back if I remember anything else...
Hope you'll all have a wonderful end of week and I hope it won't rain or snow too much here while we play at the beach in Recife ! :)

12 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

have fun!! la kika la kika I wish I was going to Recife... someday right?

Muznah said...

omg so cute :) best of luck.

whitney said...

Olivia is just so beautiful! yay! that Trevor is loving his job! He really does fit the mountain man part :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

So much cuteness...I am so jealous that you are going to Brazil, my heart actually aches a little bit! )c: But have a BLAST!!!

Anonymous said...

e neeeeeeeeeeeeee..enquanto aqui neva vc so na agua de coco...bacana.kkkkk demorou pra postaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr..ufaaaaaaaaaaa ainda bem postou.hauhauhua aproveitaaaaaaaaaaa....bjsssssssssssss lindas fotos..essa bb ta muito lindaaaaaaaaa.

Cynthia Pratt said...

Se diverte e PROVEITCHA os dias em Recife. Vai pra lugares legais, bonitos e paisagens que queres como background pras novidades de Olivia.
Bjo.

Bia said...

Oi Kika! Só passando pra dizer hi e catch up com vc! Nunca mais vc tinha ficando "atualizada" na minha lista!

bjs

Helga said...

UUuUuUUuuuU! Adorei a homenagem a Tia Helga e a fechacao das amigas hehehe... Que saudadeeeeeeeee tchonga! Bjos loviu

Ingrid Beecroft said...

ixi que inveja boa..bem que eu queria tah ai no brasil tb..aproveita bem muito por mim..bjos linda.

Kara said...

Oh I hope you are having a fantastic time in brazil!
Olivia is such a cutie pie, I am sure your family is just lovin' on her!!!

The Bryan's said...

Hey Kika, I live in AZ, Phoenix. If you can come by that would be great! Let me know...my emails gbryan5@gmail.com :)

N said...

Your daughter is priceless. Lots of prayers and love. :)